SubjectRe: new tool: blktool
Supplementary or Alternatively, all of the ATA device commands issued by hdparm
can be supported in a driver by simply implementing the HDIO_DRIVE_CMD
ioctl -- This is only a few lines of code in a typical SATA/SCSI driver,
and I could easily supply a patch to implement it in libata.

Sure it's old, looks clunky, but it is simple code that works
and is used by many more tools than just hdparm today.

Cheers
--
Mark Lord
(hdparm keeper & the original "Linux IDE Guy")

Mark Lord wrote:
> hdparm works for some SCSI devices already, and support for
> more is already on the way. I imagine I can have it handle
> whatever new ioctls() are being provided from libata as well.
>
> Care to point me at them?
>
> Thanks

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.057 / U:5.572 seconds]