SubjectRe: new tool: blktool
Supplementary or Alternatively, all of the ATA device commands issued by hdparm
can be supported in a driver by simply implementing the HDIO_DRIVE_CMD
ioctl -- This is only a few lines of code in a typical SATA/SCSI driver,
and I could easily supply a patch to implement it in libata.

Sure it's old, looks clunky, but it is simple code that works
and is used by many more tools than just hdparm today.

Mark Lord
(hdparm keeper & the original "Linux IDE Guy")

Mark Lord wrote:
> hdparm works for some SCSI devices already, and support for
> more is already on the way. I imagine I can have it handle
> whatever new ioctls() are being provided from libata as well.
> Care to point me at them?
> Thanks

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.064 / U:2.648 seconds]