SubjectRe: kbuild + kconfig: Updates
On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 10:12:24PM +0200, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> A number of kbuild updates and Randy's Kconfig.debug
>
> Most important stuff is:
> o Get rid og bogus "has no CRC" when building external modules
> o Rename *.lds.s to *.lds (*)
> o Allow external modules to use host-progs
>
> (*) The renaming of the *.lds file has been doen to allow the kernel to
> be build with for example Cygwin.
> The major outstanding issue with Cygwin/Solaris are availability of
> certain .h files for the tools in scripts/* and spread in the tree.
> Tested patches that allows the tools to be build under Cygwin/Solaris
> are appreciated.
>
> Patches follows this mail.

Speaking of kbuild, is there any reasonable way to do check-only runs?
Simple "set CC et.al. to scripts that will create target and do nothing
else" doesn't work for obvious reasons - we have some stuff that really
has to be compiled (e.g. empty.c + some arch-dependent files). Same
goes for make -n C=1 | grep sparse | ... variants.

Another thing that would be very nice to have: analog of allmodconfig with
some options pre-set. Trivial cases can be hanlded by patching Kconfig
(basically, adding depends on BROKEN), but IWBN to have something like
make allmodconfig PRESET=<file that looks like a subset of .config>...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.075 / U:0.308 seconds]