    SubjectRe: legacy VGA device requirements (was: Exposing ROM's though sysfs)
    What is the API that a user space apps will use to control the state of
    VGA devices?

    For example:
    1) a standard device exposing IOCTLs needing an header file describing
    it.
    or 2) Building a new tree in /sys/class/vga that uses attributes to
    control the state. you turn the device on by copying a '1' to the
    attribute.

    Once we pick sysfs or ioctl API, what should the full set of calls look
    like?

    --- Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

    > On Sad, 2004-08-14 at 00:56, Jon Smirl wrote:
    > > I know internally how to find the VGA cards using the PCI class. I
    > > meant this in the context of how do you enumerate all of the VGA
    > > devices in a domain from a user space app. What is the API for
    > this?
    > > What is the user space API for turning off all of the VGA devices
    > in a
    > > domain?
    >
    > I don't follow the logic behind the question. Once you have the vga
    > locking device then that needs to handle the vga on/off.

    =====
    Jon Smirl
    jonsmirl@yahoo.com