    SubjectRe: Linux SATA RAID FAQ
    In article <20040812113413.GA19252@alpha.home.local> you wrote:
    > I like it. It's fairly simple. I'm always amazed how many people do really
    > believe that these cards provide hardware RAID !!! The problem is when you
    > ask a reseller to add a real hardware RAID card in a system you purchase
    > and you end up with a cheap silicon image... It happened to us once and it's
    > not funny at all.

    Speaing of that, does that mean that other OSes (i.e. Windows) are using
    BIOS provided code to do raid, or do they also have raid software drivers
    and the bios is only used on bootup for signature detection and formatting?

    eckes privat -
    Project Freefire -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.017 / U:9.208 seconds]