SubjectRe: 2.6 kernel won't reboot on AMD system - 8042 problem?
Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

> [...]
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Could you please try the patch below? I am interested in tests both with
>>and without keyboard/mouse. The main idea is to leave ports that have been
>>disabled by BIOS alone... The patch compiles but otherwise untested. Against
>>2.6.7.
>>

>Well, this has a problem - plugging a mouse later will never work, as
>the interface will be disabled by the BIOS if a mouse is not present at
>boot.

Hmm, this may be the design of the system, but from experience I can say
that I've only had one computer that wouldn't later use a mouse or
keyboard if it wasn't plugged in at boot. All my systems for the last
three years will happily boot with nothing plugged in and use a mouse
and keyboard whenever you want to plug them in. That one system that
needed the mouse/keyboard plugged in at boot was Winblows. It would
work fine in Linux.

David

begin:vcard
fn:David Ford
n:Ford;David
email;internet:david@blue-labs.org
title:Industrial Geek
tel;home:Ask please
tel;cell:(203) 650-3611
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
version:2.1
end:vcard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.085 / U:0.944 seconds]