SubjectRe: Hugetlb demanding paging for -mm tree
William Lee Irwin III <mailto:wli@holomorphy.com> wrote on Tuesday,

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 05:28:27PM -0700, Seth, Rohit wrote:
> I was thinking that we only need to worry about the d-cache coherency at
> the time of hugepage fault. But that is not a safe assumption. You are
> right that we will need update_mmu_cache in the hugetlb page fault path.
> Though I'm wondering if we can hide this update_mmu_cache fucntionality
> behind the arch specific set_huge_pte function in the demand paging
> patch for hugepage. If so then we may not need to make any changes in
> the existing update_mmu_cache API.

Most arches seem to be okay with the API, but it may be more useful/etc.
to e.g. explicitly pass the page size, particularly when constant
folding is possible.

-- wli

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.034 / U:0.280 seconds]