SubjectRe: 2.6.8-rc4-mm1 : Hard freeze due to ACPI
Len Brown wrote:

> asus_acpi.c from Karol
> http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net:8080/linux-acpi-test-2.6.7/gnupatch@4117a219yRjkVomavWT8WoMdRg7KHA
>
> pci_link.c - resume fix from Nathan
> http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net:8080/linux-acpi-test-2.6.7/gnupatch@41114fe37ez5dnzmR96KT2DHr4-elA
>
> I'll poke around the mm patch to see if anything else looks suspicious.

Thanks for answering Len. Due to the usual delay, I had the time to
revert the paches myself before your answer and found that as expected
the problem still persist (I browsed the patch quickly directly from
bitkkeper acpi tree and found a priori nothing suspicious).

Curious that :
- acpi=off boot option makes the problem vanish,
- it looks like a deadlock due to an asynchronous event as it does not
always occur at the same time after the boot finishes,
- even without typing anything on the keyboard in single mode it deadlocks,
- I never saw the fan suddenly wake-up (except of couse when
temeratuire is too high) without a hard immediate reboot on this laptop.
Here, during video (framebuffer) initialization, while the screen it
still black they start spinning,

Will try andrew suggestion for the video-mode-handling-* patch

-- eric

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:2.134 / U:1.004 seconds]