    Subject[Announce] "iswraid" (ICH5R/ICH6R ataraid sub-driver) for 2.4.26
    Version 0.1.4 of the Intel Sofware RAID driver (iswraid) is now
    available for the 2.4 series kernels at
    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/iswraid/2.4.26-libata-iswraid.patch.gz?download

    It is an ataraid "subdriver" but uses the SCSI subsystem to find the
    RAID member disks. It depends on the libata library, particularly the
    ata_piix driver that enables the Serial ATA capabilities in ICH5/ICH6
    chipsets. The libata patch by Jeff Garzik should be applied before
    applying this patch. There is more information and some ICH6R related
    patches at the project's home page at http://iswraid.sourceforge.net/.

    The changes WRT version 0.1.3 are as follows:
    * a fix for CONFIG_HIGHMEM systems;
    * reasonable handling of missing disks;
    * when RAID1 goes degraded, the I/O succeeds;
    * new mode that does not fail degraded RAID1 ever;
    * metadata updates started from the scheduler's queue;
    * slab caches instead of kmalloc-s;
    * small /proc filesystem tweaks;
    * serial number extraction fixed;
    * unused disks properly freed;
    * added documentation file;
    * major style changes and more comments about implementation choices.

    If you have any questions or comments, please CC me directly because
    I no longer read this list.

    Martins Krikis
    Storage Components Division (SCD)
    Intel Massachusetts