    SubjectRe: post 2.6.7 BK change breaks Java?
    Jesper Juhl wrote:
    > On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Matthias Andree wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I've pulled from the linux-2.6 BK tree some post-2.6.7 version, compiled
    >>and installed it, and it breaks Java, standalone or plugged into
    >>firefox, the symptom is that the application catches SIGKILL. This
    >>didn't happen with stock 2.6.7 and doesn't happen with 2.6.6 either.
    >>

    > I'm seeing the same thing. I'm using Eclipse a lot which is Java based,
    > and I noticed that wen I went from plain 2.6.7 to 2.6.7-mm3 Eclipse
    > started dying shortly after launch (it only manages to get the splash
    > screen up) with a message about the JVM dying. Since I had also upgraded
    > my Sun Java at the same time I initially suspected that and back down to
    > my old version, but the problem persisted. Then I tried the latest Java
    > release from Sun, with same result. Then I started suspecting the kernel
    > and tried 2.6.7-mm6, 2.6.7-bk20 and 2.6.7-mm7 - all with the same result
    > that Java breaks. Finally I went back to a plain 2.6.7 and the problem
    > went away - so it certainly looks kernel related.
    > I was using the same .config with all kernels (copied from my plain 2.6.7
    > kernel to the others and then running 'make oldconfig'), so I'm also
    > pretty sure it's not due to some new kernel option I've enabled that I
    > don't usually use.
    >
    > My hardware is AMD Athlon (t-bird) 1.4GHz CPU in a ASUS A7M266 mobo with
    > 512MB of DDR266 RAM.
    >

    >>Is there any particular change I should try backing out?
    >>

    > I'm looking for the same thing, haven't found it yet unfortunately.

    Hello

    I've just started having a java application bomb out not long into
    running as well where previously it would run for hours without
    problems. However, unlike yourselves I'm running -ck and the only
    change between the last working -ck and this kernel are the 3 security
    patches. I haven't investigated because I cant take the machine offline,
    but I suspect it's one of those possibly interfering. Looking at the
    patches in question I have no idea how they could do it. I guess if you
    can try backing them out it would be helpful. Here are links to the
    patches in question.

    http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.7/2.6.7-ck5/split-out/1100_ip_tables.patch
    http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.7/2.6.7-ck5/split-out/1105_CAN-2004-0497.patch
    http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.7/2.6.7-ck5/split-out/1110_proc.patch

    Con

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.021 / U:2.864 seconds]