    SubjectRe: 2.6.7-ck5
    Hi Con,

    I'm running ck4 and I'm getting pauses during init (alsa, hdparm,
    hotplug). By repeatedly pressing Alt-SysRq-p, I can get things going
    again within 15 seconds, otherwise I suspect it would take that 3 1/2
    hours to finish init like it did with ck3. I think I had the same thing
    just happen in X. The mouse got jerky and then stopped responding, even
    numlock wouldn't respond for about 15-30 seconds. I'm logging a vmstat
    now to see if I can reproduce it.

    It seems that disabling kernel preemption solved the problem during
    init, but the system feels slower (jerky mouse under X during compile).

    Would anything that you've updated since ck4 take care of this? If not,
    is there anything you can suggest I do to troubleshoot this issue?

    Thanks,

    Wes

    Con Kolivas wrote:

    > Patchset update:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:3.371 / U:0.176 seconds]