SubjectRe: quite big breakthrough in the BAD network performance, which mm6 did not fix
On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 08:31 +0200, bert hubert wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 07:46:26AM +0200, Redeeman wrote:
> > this must be some misunderstanding, i do not want to complain, and i
> > dont hope people get that impression, i am trying to do feedback, so
> > that issues can be fixed.
>
> Redeeman - your firewall is broken, or somebody's firewall.
i dont have a firewall, but i am afraid my isp probably is doing
something, after reading another thread :(

> Look at /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_default_win_scale , if it currently contains
> 7, do:
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_default_win_scale
its 1 as default, using the tcp patch from another thread fixes so that i can connect to sites. (packages.gentoo.org etc)
where before that patch came, i echo'ed 0 into it, and it worked aswell,
however i didnt get more than 50kb/s either :|
> and retry.
>
> > downloads with 200kb/s from http://kernel.org, and 2.6.7 only 50kb/s,
> > this should be able to prove its some issues with 2.6.7, but thats just
> > my opinion
>
> Things can be more complicated than they appear. Currently all evidence for
> these changes points to firewalls messing with TCP options, TCP options
> which used to have more default versions in older kernels.
yes, i just realised that :(

> Regards,
>
> bert

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.344 / U:0.760 seconds]