    SubjectRe: In-kernel Authentication Tokens (PAGs)

    Speaking as a member of the AFS community, I'm thrilled to see this
    coming along since PAGs are the major stumbling block for openafs in
    2.6. I won't speak for Coda and NFSv4 but hopefully, this can help them
    out as well.

    The policy that a number of AFS people want is that (1) processes with
    different UIDs can share the same keyring and that (2) a number of
    processes with the same UID can opt not to share the same keyring. (1)
    e.g. I have AFS creds (krb5 tickets) and want to run a setuid binary
    with my creds. (2) e.g. I want to have a bunch of xterms some with
    administrative rights and some with normal rights. Maybe I'm running
    stuff out of cron or something under my UID that gets creds from a
    ticket file, etc, and don't want it to interfere with my interactive use
    of the machine.
    >From my reading of the posts so far, it looks like (1) is no problem
    since setuid() wouldn't touch the keyrings. I'm less sure about (2).
    Does creating a new keyring (KEYCTL_NEW_RING) replace one of my existing
    keyrings? Which one? To implement (2), do I need the ability to
    explicitly zero-out some of my keyring associations?

    john

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.068 / U:1.104 seconds]