    SubjectRe: quite big breakthrough in the BAD network performance, which mm6 did not fix
    this must be some misunderstanding, i do not want to complain, and i
    dont hope people get that impression, i am trying to do feedback, so
    that issues can be fixed.

    the thing about testing against a local apache, i did that, and its
    fast, however, i still take that with a grain of salt, because, as said
    before, even though that internet speed may vary from time to time, i
    can see that kernel.org has plenty bandwith, and when 2.6.5 then
    downloads with 200kb/s from http://kernel.org, and 2.6.7 only 50kb/s,
    this should be able to prove its some issues with 2.6.7, but thats just
    my opinion
    On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 18:12 -0700, Matt Heler wrote:
    > Not to sound mean about this. But either you prove your claim with benchmarks
    > in a controlled enviroment ( that means in a private network ), or you stop
    > trolling and complaining. The linux kernel is a free piece of software, if
    > you don't like one version of it, then feel free to use some earlier version.
    > Otherwise please stop.
    >
    > Matt H.
    >

    > On Tuesday 06 July 2004 5:42 pm, Redeeman wrote:

    > > > How do you know that?
    > >
    > > how i know? i dont think anyone in the matter of seconds begin to use
    > > the spare ~800mbit/s of bandwith they do not use when i try, (according
    > > to info from bwbar on kernel.org)

    > > > Trafic shaping somewhere along the route? Much more load on HTTP than
    > > > FTP? Are they the very same machines? Under the exact same load? Are the
    > > > servers written with the same care? Are the clients?

    > > > Ditto.
    > > >
    > > > Unless you set up something where there aren't dozens of unknown
    > > > variables and a hundred or so that you have got no chance at all to even
    > > > guess what their values/effects are...
    > >
    > > -
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.028 / U:28.452 seconds]