The only thing I've seen kill java like that would be NX things, such as
the NX patch mentioned in an earlier thread; execshield; or PaX. I saw
some talk about possibly enabling NX by default; but I don't see this in
the -mm6 list, and I have no idea where the bk patch list is. I
wouldn't expect either Linus or Andrew to have decided to merge an NX
patch in at this stage; but it's a possibility.

Andrew? Has anything like that been added in the bk tree?

Matthias Andree wrote:
| Hi,
| I've pulled from the linux-2.6 BK tree some post-2.6.7 version, compiled
| and installed it, and it breaks Java, standalone or plugged into
| firefox, the symptom is that the application catches SIGKILL. This
| didn't happen with stock 2.6.7 and doesn't happen with 2.6.6 either.
| Is there any particular change I should try backing out?
| TIA,
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -