    SubjectRe: i810_audio MMIO patch
    John Linville wrote:
    > Attached is a second patch to account for (most of) Herbert Xu's
    > comments.
    >
    > I have left-out the part about changing state->card to a
    > local variable where it is used a lot. Unfortunately, that usage is
    > somewhat pervasive and I would prefer to make those changes in a separate
    > patch -- after I have had a chance to do some testing.
    >
    > If you'd prefer one patch to account for the original plus these
    > changes, let me know and I'll be happy to provide it.

    I forwarded this and the main patch to Andrew, for some testing -mm.
    Then push it upstream.

    The main thing you did not address of Herbert's comments was the macro
    naming, AFAICS. I don't have a big preference. If asked, my style
    preference for this driver would be

    ICH_R8
    ICH_R16
    ICH_R32
    ICH_W8
    ICH_W16
    ICH_W32

    Short, and bit-size-explicit.

    I've always been annoyed that the API function 'readl' represented 32
    bits :)

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.027 / U:160.356 seconds]