    SubjectRe: Statistical methods for latency profiling
    On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 01:22:37AM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
    > Hey,
    > Recently Ingo Molnar asked in one of the voluntary-preempt threads for
    > the minimum and average scheduling delay reported by jackd. JACK does
    > not currently maintain these statistics.
    > I realized that the distribution of maximum latencies reported on each
    > process cycle is fairly normally distributed.

    This is not at all what I would expect. Instead, I'd expect to see
    something like a gamma distribution, where we have everything
    clustered down close to zero, but with a very long tail in the
    positive direction falling off exponentially and obviously a hard
    limit on the other side..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.020 / U:47.256 seconds]