SubjectRe: Statistical methods for latency profiling
On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 01:22:37AM -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> Hey,
> Recently Ingo Molnar asked in one of the voluntary-preempt threads for
> the minimum and average scheduling delay reported by jackd. JACK does
> not currently maintain these statistics.
> I realized that the distribution of maximum latencies reported on each
> process cycle is fairly normally distributed.

This is not at all what I would expect. Instead, I'd expect to see
something like a gamma distribution, where we have everything
clustered down close to zero, but with a very long tail in the
positive direction falling off exponentially and obviously a hard
limit on the other side..