    SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8-rc2-L2 PS2 keyboard gone south
    On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 20:24, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
    > On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 23:57 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:

    > > > I have a PS/2 keyboard and a USB mouse.
    > >
    > > Weird. This is my setup also, and I have had no problems since
    > > installing M5.
    > >
    > > Try:
    > >
    > > Option "NoAccel"
    > >
    > > in section "Device" of your XF86Config. Also try commenting out:
    > >
    > > Load "dri"
    > >
    > > in the "Module" section.
    > >
    > > This will ensure that the X server is not accessing hardware directly.
    > > Normally this should not be a problem but a buggy video driver can cause
    > > problems. On my machine, having 2D acceleration enabled caused
    > > interrupts from other devices to be lost when dragging a window.
    > >
    > > Also, is the machine pingable after it locks up?
    >
    > Curiously, the machine is pingable, but I can't ssh/telnet into it: no
    > data is received from the locked machine.

    Hmm. Maybe the problem is filesystem or disk related. Is your root
    partition on IDE or SCSI? It could be a SCSI problem.

    Are you running software or hardware RAID?

    This is the same behavior you get when, for example, a disk dies.

    Lee

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.025 / U:1.216 seconds]