    SubjectRe: [patch] voluntary-preempt-2.6.8-rc2-L2 PS2 keyboard gone south
    On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 17:31, Shane Shrybman wrote:
    > On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 14:03, Lee Revell wrote:
    > > On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 10:06, Shane Shrybman wrote:
    > > > Twice while using -L2 my IBM PS2 keyboard has become completely
    > > > non-responsive. USB mouse and everything else seems to be fine, but no
    > > > LEDs or anything from the keyboard.
    > > >
    > > > On both occasions the last key I hit on the keyboard was numlock and the
    > > > numlock did not come on and I had to reboot after that.
    > > >
    > > > UP, x86, gcc 2.95, scsi + ide, bttv
    > > >

    > > This happened to me, also twice necessitating a reboot. I am pretty
    > > sure I did *not* hit Num Lock last, though the system was under load -
    > > multiple builds going on, jackd running, and video playback. I tried to
    > > toggle Num Lock to see if the machine was really locked hard, and it
    > > worked for a while (though it did not go on/off exactly once for each
    > > time I hit it), then stopped responding.
    > >
    > Did this happen with both the rc2-L2 and rc2-M5 kernels for you too?

    Have not tried M5 yet (still building). An improved fix was posted for
    the PS/2 problem recently which uses a semaphore and work queues rather
    than Ingo's original quick fix of just adding a lock-break. If the
    problem is indeed keyboard-related, this may help.

    I also have not determined whether the system freezes completely or
    whether it is just the input layer that hangs. Next time this happens I
    will try to ssh in.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.020 / U:3.512 seconds]