Subjectide-cd problems
I'm going to bump this topic a bit, since it's been a while..
There are still some issues with ide-cd's SG_IO, listed from
most important as percieved by me to least:

* Read-only access grants you the ability to write/blank media in the drive
* (with above) You can open the device only in read-only mode.
* You can't open the device unless there is media in the drive
* Still seems to be no way to specify scatter gather/dma buffers yourself,
though I'm not entirely sure that matters anyway.

The read-only granting write/blank seems like a pretty serious security issue
to me. Not being able to open the device without media is merely extremely
annoying (and I suspect fixing it would break a lot of programs).

--
Zinx Verituse http://zinx.xmms.org/