    SubjectRe: fixing usb suspend/resuming

    On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 22:51, Oliver Neukum wrote:
    > > Regarding the spinning down before suspending to disk, I have a patch in
    > > my version that adds support for excluding part of the device tree when
    > > calling drivers_suspend. I take the bdevs we're writing the image to,
    > > trace the structures to get the relevant device tree entry/ies and then
    > > move (in the correct order) those devices and their parents from the
    > > active devices list to a 'dont' touch' list (I don't call it that in
    > How do you deal with md, loop, etc... ?

    The loop thread is NOFREEZE, so it should work fine. Until you said it,
    I hadn't considered md, but it shouldn't be too hard to add some more
    code to check if the devices are part of raid arrays. The other devices
    could be given the same treatment.

    As far as setting them up again at boot time, I've just added proper
    initrd support, so one will be able to do any configuration needed from
    an initrd (provided filesystems aren't mounted), get suspend to check if
    it needs to resume and then carry on in the rest of the initrd mounting
    filesystems and so on.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.021 / U:34.240 seconds]