    Trond Myklebust wrote:
    > På må , 26/07/2004 klokka 12:29, skreiv John S J Anderson:
    >> Hi --
    >> We're working on migrating to the 2.6 kernel series, and one big
    >> problem has popped up: we have a number of NFS mounts that are
    >> mounted read-only in one location and read-write in a distinct
    >> location (on the same machine). With 2.4 series kernels, this worked
    >> without issue, but with 2.6, it doesn't: it's not possible to mount
    >> the same filesystem twice with different options for each mount; the
    >> two mount points have to share the same mount options.
    > That behaviour is no longer supported as it meant that you would have
    > different superblocks (and hence different out-of-sync caches) between
    > the 2 mountpoint. It is in any case not a behaviour that is supported on
    > any other Linux filesystems.

    How is this any different than having two seperate nfs clients accessing
    the same nfs export?

    > If you want readonly to be an exception, then you will have to move the
    > MS_RDONLY flag from being a superblock option to being a vfsmount
    > option, then propagate that vfsmount information down to all the tests
    > of IS_RDONLY(inode). Not a trivial task, and not one that looms high on
    > my list of priorities...

    What ever happened to the bind ro patches that were floating around a
    couple months ago?

    What is left in getting this done? Just the touch_file bit Viro
    commented on?

    - --
    Mike Waychison
    Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    1 (650) 352-5299 voice
    1 (416) 202-8336 voice

    NOTICE: The opinions expressed in this email are held by me,
    and may not represent the views of Sun Microsystems, Inc.
    Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)

    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.027 / U:8.120 seconds]