SubjectRe: changing ethernet devices, new one stops cold at iptables
Date
On Sunday 25 July 2004 17:23, David Ford wrote:
>No need to reboot it. Simply flush the neighbor cache.
>
>Scott root # ip neigh flush help
>Usage: ip neigh { add | del | change | replace } { ADDR [ lladdr
> LLADDR ] [ nud { permanent | noarp | stale | reachable } ]
>
> | proxy ADDR } [ dev DEV ]
>
> ip neigh {show|flush} [ to PREFIX ] [ dev DEV ] [ nud STATE ]
>
>David

Is my manpages too old? I studied it for arp at least half an hour
without seeing any way out of the dilemma short of a reboot, so I
did. And I just checked, theres no linkage from arp to anything
called 'ip'. Wrecked a 78 day uptime :(

Yes, I learned something from your message, thank you very much, but
why is it so deeply buried?

Humm, is there not an option that will a: flush, and then b: refresh
itself just as if its been rebooted? The 'replace' appears to
require intimate knowledge of a 48 bit MAC address etc I'd assume.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.