SubjectRe: [FC1], 2.6.8-rc2 kernel, new motherboard problems
On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 08:16, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Gene Heskett schrieb:

> Could you please check the facts (or ask the driver authors) before
> suggesting to haunt NVidia with bad press? Thanks.

All the facts I needed to know were in the original post. You had to
reverse engineer a network driver because Nvidia would not release
specs. We should not be having to reverse engineer a 10/100 ethernet
controller in 2004. The Linux community should make noise when vendors
do this.

> > I'm under the impression the forcedeth writers did have access to this
> > data. Is this incorrect? The question is directed at the forcedeth
> > authors. If you are one, then please clarify.
>
> I am one of the authors. We did not have any information in the first
> place, but now that our reverse engineered driver works well, NVidia
> contributed bugfixes and gigabit support to our driver.

This is pretty shoddy on their part. Like I said, I can understand not
wanting to release the specs for their GFX cards, but a freaking 10/100
ethernet controller is ridiculous.

Lee

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.045 / U:0.364 seconds]