Subjectdevice_suspend() levels [was Re: [patch] ACPI work on aic7xxx]
Hi!

> >Can you kill #if 0 code?
>
> Yes. This is a work in progress. Interestingly, the ifdef'd-out code was
> pasted from mptbase.c in the MPT Fusion driver. If it's broken here,
> it's probably broken there -- seems the state parameter passed to the
> pci resume callback is intended to be a PCI D state, not an ACPI S
> state. Can somebody confirm or deny? The kernel is actually passing
> state 2 (D2) to the driver when I enter ACPI S3, so presumably the same
> failure could happen to fusion.

I'm no longer sure what should be passed there... We'll probably need
to turn it into enum... Actually swsusp code in -mm actually passes
value from enum, and mainline swsusp code passes 0/3.

Pavel
--
Horseback riding is like software...
...vgf orggre jura vgf serr.