    SubjectRe: swsuspend not working
    On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 03:17:48PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

    > > If, instead of unloading/reloading the modules, I unplug and replug the
    > > radio emiter of the mouse, I get it back working. If I unplug the memory
    > > key, the device REMAINS as managed by the ehci controller. If I plug it
    > > back again, the memory key appears A SECOND TIME in the list of usb
    > > device, but as an uhci device, this time.
    > Ok, someone needs to fix usb.

    I can confirm that USB has troubles with suspend/resume (I have a Sony vaio
    laptop; ). Especially the
    memory key; the only way to not have to reboot to have it is suspending with
    the key umounted.

    On the bright side, I doscovered that current (2.6.7) kernel pcmcia and alsa
    sound behave perfectly w/ respect of suspend/resume. No need to cardctl
    eject before and insert after, my modem continue working after resume; and I
    can even suspend with xmms playing and on resume it will continue happily.

    Nice work, a kudo to all!

    Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
    Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.021 / U:8.492 seconds]