SubjectRe: swsuspend not working
On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 03:17:48PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > If, instead of unloading/reloading the modules, I unplug and replug the
> > radio emiter of the mouse, I get it back working. If I unplug the memory
> > key, the device REMAINS as managed by the ehci controller. If I plug it
> > back again, the memory key appears A SECOND TIME in the list of usb
> > device, but as an uhci device, this time.
>
> Ok, someone needs to fix usb.

I can confirm that USB has troubles with suspend/resume (I have a Sony vaio
laptop; http://perso.wanadoo.es/r_mano/vaio/vaio.html ). Especially the
memory key; the only way to not have to reboot to have it is suspending with
the key umounted.

On the bright side, I doscovered that current (2.6.7) kernel pcmcia and alsa
sound behave perfectly w/ respect of suspend/resume. No need to cardctl
eject before and insert after, my modem continue working after resume; and I
can even suspend with xmms playing and on resume it will continue happily.

Nice work, a kudo to all!

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569