SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] let 4KSTACKS depend on EXPERIMENTAL and XFS on 4KSTACKS=n
On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 01:42:38PM -0700, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 09:50:12PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
> > 1. let 4KSTACKS depend on EXPERIMENTAL
>
> i don't like this change, despite what i might have claimed earlier :)
>
> the reason i say this is if XFS blows up with 4K stacks then it
> probably can with 8K stacks but it will be much harder, so it's not
> really fixing anything but just papering over the problem

2.6 is a stable kernel series used in production environments.

The correct solution is to fix XFS (and other problems with 4kb stacks
if they occur), and my patch is only a short-term workaround.

4KSTACKS=n is simply the better tested case, and 4KSTACKS=y uncovers
some issues you might not want to see in production environments.

> --cw

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.