    SubjectRe: Voodoo3 2000 is eating my chars!
    On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 03:36:36 -0400
    "Zephaniah E. Hull" <> wrote:

    > On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 08:55:27PM +0200, DervishD wrote:
    > > Hi all :)
    > >
    > > I recently put a Voodoo3 2000 (AGP) card to my home linux box,
    > > and now I have a problem in the console. When switching from X to
    > > the console, some chars dissappear, or appear cut, etc. I've googled
    > > for this, but with no success. Is this a known bug? Maybe an X bug?
    > This is actually an X bug, which I thought I had fixed a long time ago
    > when I was still doing 3Dfx stuff.
    > On console switch not all the state is being restored properly,
    > specificly the font is getting screwed up, simply reloading the font
    > should work fine though.
    > I no longer have either an X tree to easily play in, nor a 3Dfx card
    > in a box to test with, so I'm afraid that you're going to have to bug
    > the X people.

    Same behavior here with Voodoo 3 2000 PCI. I just quickly switch back to X and back to the
    console to get the font right, it'll mess up a character or two only quite rarely though, at most 10% of the times
    when I switch. I'm not even sure it happened yet since I upgraded to XFree86 4.4.0, but I'm not 100% positive on

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.020 / U:3.456 seconds]