    Subject2.6.8 rc2 still has keyboard trouble
    Hi all,

    It seems widely reported that recent versions of Linux do not work
    properly with non-USB keyboards and mice when built for SMP. I just
    tried 2.6.8rc2, and the problem is still there. The workaround many
    people have is to turn off USB legacy support in their BIOS. On my Tyan
    2665 motherboard there is no BIOS option to do this. If I turn off USB
    support completely in the BIOS my machine runs OK, but then...... well,
    I want USB working :-) With a non-SMP kernel I do not have any problems.

    Is this problem being actively addressed by anyone, or is the "turn off
    legacy support" workaround considered an adequate fix?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.019 / U:0.384 seconds]