    Subjectcannot ping from a usb-serial device
    Hi all,
    I am developing a portable device that I must connect to Internet via usb.
    I connect to my linux box with pppd on ttyUSB0 and the link layer is
    working ok. I can ping my device from all the machines connected, but
    when the device pings some address known reacheable my linux box sees
    the packets ("ifconfig ppp0" returns the correct number of packets
    exchanged and "netstat -i" reports the correct number of bytes on the
    interface), but no echo replies come back to my device.
    I understand that my question may be silly for this forum, but I am
    really out of resources.
    Can someone out there point me to some info to understand why this is
    happening?

    many tnx

    pietro canevarolo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.019 / U:119.964 seconds]