SubjectRe: gettimeofday nanoseconds patch (makes it possible for the posix-timer functions to return higher accuracy)
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, George Anzinger wrote:

> As to accuracy, the more "accurate" way is to change get_offset to return
> nanoseconds. This way there is only one round off (by the divide) instead of
> two (the get_offset and the divide). I ran into this problem in the latest HRT
> patch. One of my tests is to do a gettimeofday and a clock_gettime and make
> sure there is no "backward" stuff happening. Test failed by 1 micro second
> "some" of the time because of this double round off.

Well yes this is what the interpolator etc does on IA64.
time_interpolator_get_offset returns nanoseconds. I have done
tests to insure that no backward stuff happens. Tests were done
with the mentioned patch and clock_gettime was returning nanosecond
accuracy.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.070 / U:0.084 seconds]