    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.8-rc1
    On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:56:14 +0200
    Paolo Ciarrocchi <paolo.ciarrocchi@gmail.com> wrote:

    [snip]
    > I agree.
    >
    > > OSDL does some tests for any -rc and many other people like me do other
    > > testing. Besides this, most patches already got similar treatment in
    > > -mm. This might not be a base for an ISO 9000 certificate, but it seems
    > > to be sufficietely working for finding most problems before the acttual
    > > release.
    >
    > OSDL does some test for any -rc but the results of these tests don't affect
    > the release process. At least not in an official way.
    >
    > > It would be more important if Linus would release one last -rc that will
    > > be released unchanged (except for EXTRAVERSION a few days later to catch
    > > bugs in last minute changes. This might catch more problems like the JFS
    > > compile problem in 2.6.7.
    >
    > Right,
    > and in those days may be OSDL could run the testsuite we are discussing about.

    We do run bunches of tests, but we are generally way behind in actually looking
    and analysing the results of those tests - which makes it hard for us to help the
    development much. Any body that wishes to help particpate
    in OSDL testing, come on down! We're at stp-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
    cliffw

    > ciao, Paolo
    >
    > --
    > paoloc.doesntexist.org
    > -

    The church is near, but the road is icy.
    The bar is far, but i will walk carefully. - Russian proverb