    Subject2.6.8-rc1 -ck snapshot
    I've posted a snapshot of the current -ck development against 2.6.8-rc1

    website: http://kernel.kolivas.org
    rc1 patches: http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.7/2.6.8-rc1/

    The staircase scheduler has been basically unchanged for a couple of
    weeks now with no bugs showing up (woohoo). I've resynced with the
    current versions of the vm hacks, added Ingo's voluntary preempt patch,
    added Zwane's low latency irq locks, the suse writeback latency patch,
    badram, lufs and the fixed version of William Lee Irwin III's preempt
    test. Bootsplash is currently on the backburner.

    To preempt test is a debugging tool for latency and not intended for
    regular usage. Enable it in the config and set the bootparam
    preempt_thresh=1
    for checking for when there are parts of kernel code that are not
    preemptible for >1ms (set it to any desired number or dont set it to
    disable it).

    It outputs to the syslog something like this:
    4ms non-preemptible critical section violated 1 ms preempt threshold
    starting at exit_mmap+0x1c/0x188 and ending at exit_mmap+0x118/0x188
    [<c011d769>] dec_preempt_count+0x14f/0x151
    [<c014d0d4>] exit_mmap+0x118/0x188
    etc.

    I'm running this kernel currently without problems. The badram and lufs
    features are compile tested only.

    Full patches:
    from_2.6.7_to_staircase7.A
    schedrange.diff
    schedbatch2.3.diff
    schediso2.3.diff
    autotune_swappiness.diff
    autotune_inactivation.diff
    supermount-ng204.diff
    defaultcfq.diff
    config_hz.diff
    voluntary-preempt-2.6.7-bk20-H3
    patch-i386-irq_enable_spinlocks2
    patch-ool-spinlocks
    9000_SuSE-117-writeback-lat.patch
    wli_preempttest2
    wli_preempttest2.1
    BadRAM-2.6.5.2.patch.bz2
    lufs-0.9.7-2.6.0-test9.patch.bz2
    ck5version.diff

    Cheers,
    Con

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.023 / U:1.660 seconds]