Subjectsynaptics driver
Date
Hi again. I just wanted to let you know that under 2.6.8-mm1, I'm still
experiencing the same synaptics-not-being-detected-at-system-startup bug
that happens with the newer input patches since earlier -mm kernels.
Sometimes my synaptics touchpad will get detected correctly (generally
after a cold reboot) and both my trackpoint & touchpad will work
properly, but other times (after warm reboot usually) the trackpoint
won't work, and the Synaptics X driver won't enable the extra touchpad
features. Removing & reloading the psmouse module after the system has
booted fixes the problem. With the more recent kernels, this seems to
happen even if psmouse is loaded before all the USB controller modules.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.145 / U:0.036 seconds]