SubjectRe: GCC 3.4 and broken inlining.
On Jul  9, 2004, Andi Kleen <> wrote:

> Nigel Cunningham <> writes:

> I think a better solution would be to apply the appended patch

> And then just mark the function you know needs to be inlined
> as __always_inline__.

It's probably a good idea to define such functions as `extern inline'
(another GCC extension), such that a definition of the function is
never emitted, and you get a linker error if the compiler somehow
fails to emit an error on a failure to inline the function.

Alexandre Oliva
Red Hat Compiler Engineer aoliva@{,}
Free Software Evangelist oliva@{,}