SubjectRe: rmmod st "hangs" - bad interaction with sg
On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 08:31:00AM -0700, Tim Wright wrote:
> Hi,
> I was working on the qlogicisp/isp1020 driver in 2.6, as I still have
> one of these antiques and the driver is a bit out of date (a patch is
> forthcoming). In the process of testing my changes, I came across the
> following:

qlogicisp is slowly going away. If you look at the qla1280 driver in current
mainline you'll see it has most of the support for the 1020/1040 already,
I just need to fix a final bug and add firmware/pci ids. This has come up
on linux-scsi a few times..

> This seems bad to me - either the original rmmod should fail with EBUSY,
> or it should complete. However, for it to do so, it seems that st needs
> to know that sg has its hooks into the device it controls, and it needs
> to be able to make it let go. My workaround is impractical if sg is in
> use on other devices too.

I don't think we can fix much about this, it's how the driver model code
works. Best workarond is to not use sg.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.024 / U:1.520 seconds]