SubjectRe: Real time
Richard B. Johnson wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, michael trimarchi wrote:
>>I'm working on porting modular real time scheduler on linux layer ...
>>I'm using only kernel thread... Actually I dont't call the
>>kernel_thread(init, .... and I inizialize my scheduler and OS struct...
>>I schedule my kernel thread... I'm trying to use the printk in the
>>kernel_thread but sometimes I dont't having result on the console. The
>>console does't print my debug on screen... Is there an unburred printk?
>>Best regards
>>Michael Trimarchi
>You probably need to set up your kernel thread correctly. You should
> kernel_thread(your_thread, NULL, CLONE_FS|CLONE_FILES);
>your_thread(void *whatever)
> exit_files(current);
> daemonize();
> /.../ fix up signals, etc.
>Without CLONE_FILES, the file-descriptors and handles ultimately
>used for printk() may not work.
>Dick Johnson
>Penguin : Linux version 2.4.26 on an i686 machine (5570.56 BogoMips).
> Note 96.31% of all statistics are fiction.
>the body of a message to
>More majordomo info at
>Please read the FAQ at
I use CLONE_KERNEL but in my body I dont't call exit_files and
demonize... I change the linux scheduler width my scheduler and I use
only the switch_to for context_switch from a task to another... I have
a task descriptor with a pointer to the task_t * ... At this time I have
a linux task_t struct and my personal task struct...

Best regards