    SubjectRe: [STACK] >3k call path in reiserfs
    Dave Jones wrote:

    > > >Especially with the 4k stack option enabled, it will cause real problems
    > > >for real users. A better change would be to cut down on the size of the
    > > >tree balance struct, but that would be more invasive. For starters we
    > > >might be able to switch from ints to shorts for some of the arrays.
    > > >
    > > >-chris
    > > >
    > > Can you tell me about the "4k stack option"?
    >Arjan's original patch & announcement are at
    > Dave
    Forcing kernel developers to distort their coding to keep stack sizes
    small is not a good idea, as it makes the whole kernel harder to code
    for a not very compelling (for 99% of users, please argue with me if you
    think it is otherwise) benefit.

    I do not think I favor disturbing V3's stability for the sake of the 4k
    stack option, but my mind is still open.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.021 / U:31.820 seconds]