SubjectRe: [STACK] >3k call path in reiserfs
Dave Jones wrote:

> > >Especially with the 4k stack option enabled, it will cause real problems
> > >for real users. A better change would be to cut down on the size of the
> > >tree balance struct, but that would be more invasive. For starters we
> > >might be able to switch from ints to shorts for some of the arrays.
> > >
> > >-chris
> > >
> > Can you tell me about the "4k stack option"?
>
>Arjan's original patch & announcement are at
>http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/4kstack.patch
>
> Dave

Forcing kernel developers to distort their coding to keep stack sizes
small is not a good idea, as it makes the whole kernel harder to code
for a not very compelling (for 99% of users, please argue with me if you
think it is otherwise) benefit.

I do not think I favor disturbing V3's stability for the sake of the 4k
stack option, but my mind is still open.