    SubjectIncreasing number of inodes after format?
    I was involved in a discussion a while back where it was explained that
    ext2/3 allocate a certain maximum number of inodes at format time, and
    you cannot increase that number later.

    It was also mentioned that one or more of the journaling file systems
    (XFS, JFS, Reiser, etc.) either dynamically allocated inodes or could
    increase the maximum later if the pre-allocated set got used up.

    Could someone please repeat for me which filesystems have dynamic
    maximum inode counts?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.040 / U:8.284 seconds]