    SubjectRe: WINE + NX (No eXecute) support for x86, 2.6.7-rc2-bk2

    Christoph Hellwig wrote:

    > And btw, if you'd have read the whole thread you'd have seen that I argued
    > against mergign the randomization and address space layout changes into
    > 2.6, and such changes during stable series are bad. But your still much
    > better of getting your code fixed properly, and thus pretty much means
    > havign your own binary format handler in the kernel that sets up the address
    > space in a windows compatible way.

    The staticly linked userspace binary loader seems like the best solution
    to me. For binary distributions of Wine there's no need to compile
    kernels or modules at install time, no need to be root to install and no
    need for us to write and maintain kernel code for N different operating
    systems. Please let me know if you think of a way to break this solution ;)

    Anyway, thanks for at least trying to keep these kind of changes for new
    major versions.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.019 / U:4.632 seconds]