    SubjectRe: Some thoughts about cache and swap
    On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, [UTF-8] Lasse Kärkkäinen / Tronic wrote:

    > In order to make better use of the limited cache space, the following
    > methods could be used:

    [snip magic piled on more magic]

    I wonder if we should just bite the bullet and implement
    LIRS, ARC or CART for Linux. These replacement algorithms
    should pretty much detect by themselves which pages are
    being used again (within a reasonable time) and which pages

    Especially CART looks interesting.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.030 / U:82.148 seconds]