    SubjectRe: [APIC] Avoid change apic_id failure panic

    On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 04:20:45PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Well. Question is, why are we getting insame APIC ID's in there in the
    > first place?

    They're usually not insane. xAPIC's have 8-bit physical ID's, not 4-bit,
    but no one's bothered tracking whether the APIC's found were serial APIC
    or xAPIC, and then dispatching on that in the IO-APIC physid check to
    avoid unnecessarily renumbering the things or panicking.

    This is my longstanding complaint regarding APIC_BROADCAST_ID being wrong.

    -- wli

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.023 / U:0.572 seconds]