    SubjectRe: .config question
    Date

    Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 16:10:09 +0200
    From: "Francois Pernet" <WebMonster@idsa.ch>

    Hi,
    Sorry to not be part of the mailing list and ask question. Please,
    could you post any answer (CC) to this question, if relevant ? Many
    TIA.

    Probably show up on the list, otherwise likely to be a silent fix RSN.
    I was surprised that it hadn't been posted, spent time making sure
    that I could repeat it....but it could still be something in my setup.

    I've got a kernel already installed in my machine (SuSe Pro 9). I would
    like to modify something and recompile the kernel. Since it has been
    installed from rpm, there is no .config in /usr/src/linux. Is there any
    way to create this file from the image and modules, so i do not need to
    verify all my config prior to change something ?

    There is an option in 2.6 to determine the .config that built the
    kernel somehow. I've just noticed it while reading 'make xconfig',
    but never use it (I don't lose track of my .config files, been doing
    that tooo long). Try reading the source for how this is supposed to
    work. You might look around a bit, such as in /boot, as many distros
    include the config someplace.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:30.016 seconds]