SubjectRe: Inclusion of UML in 2.6.8
BlaisorBlade <blaisorblade_spam@yahoo.it> wrote:

> Andrew, what are the requisite for stable inclusion of the UML update inside
> 2.6-mm

I have no problem plopping it into -mm, as long as it doesn't cause me too
much pain. It did cause patch management pain last time, but probably
whatever is was interacting with has now been merged up so it'll be OK.

But for a merge into mainline we do need to get down and do some work on it
- reintroducing ghash.h would not be welcome (I though Jeff was going to
eliminate that?) and last time we looked the patch had some blockdev
drivers in it which were doing antiquated 2.4 things.

Generally, UML in 2.6 seems to have fallen behind fairly seriously and at
some stage we need to go through the exercise of splitting the patch up,
reviewing and fixing all the bits and feeding it in.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans