SubjectRe: Assuming someone else called the IRQ
Date
On Saturday 26 June 2004 18:20, you wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2004, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Every kernel in the 2.6 serious so far has exhibited the same problem;
> > after some time of running my desktop system, I get:
> >
> > Assuming someone else called the IRQ
>
> Maybe it is just some debug that can be safely ignored and removed from
> source? If two or more devices share an IRQ this is normal that when IRQ
> happens all of these drivers' IRQ routine is called. So maybe one of the
> drivers checks that this is not its device and prints this debug?

Yes, this sounds about right. It's the prism54 driver, as Russell identified
in another reply.

> > 19: 8748235 IO-APIC-level ohci1394, yenta, eth0
>
> Maybe you are using eth0 and yenta is printing this debug...
> Do you think that assigning the same IRQ for eth0 and yenta is good idea?
> Some network cards seem to raise _many_ IRQs...

Since the card is a PCMCIA prism3 card in a cardbus adaptor, any interrupt
sent to yenta will be destined for the eth0 wireless card. It's not really a
problem, I was just putting the driver under duress because I had the
firewire controller heavily loaded.

Unfortunately these nForce2 boards crammed full of on-board hardware typically
assign at least firewire and the AGP slot IRQ 19, and the PCI slot I've got
the cardbus adaptor in is also sharing this IRQ line. I can't really do
anything about it, I'm afraid to say.

Thanks for the reply Grzegorz.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

personal: alistair()devzero!co!uk
university: s0348365()sms!ed!ac!uk
student: CS/AI Undergraduate
contact: 1F2 55 South Clerk Street,
Edinburgh. EH8 9PP.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:04    [W:0.069 / U:0.112 seconds]