SubjectRe: 2.6.7-bk way too fast

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:

> | Does it fix it to just remove that one line completely?
>
> Neither the first one or removing the line fixes it. My mail pingu in
> gkrellm is still running as he would be totaly on drugs ...

Ok, either we have two bugs with _exactly_ the same behaviour, or
something is just getting screwed up. That single change has definitely
been fingered as being the problem by a few people. And removing the one
line (if you have an x86-64 system you have to remove it in the x86-64
version of the file too) should undo the patch that seems to have caused
the problem in the first place.

Anyway, my one-liner patch won't have applied at all if you had applied
Andrew's patch, so the first thing to do is to double-check that it
actually got applied. I'm still hoping. But assuming it did, can you
enable APIC debugging in include/asm-i386/apic.h, and send the resulting
honking huge dmesg to me and the other suspects in this on-going saga?

Preferably both from a plain 2.6.7 kernel (well, "plain" except for the
DEBUG enable) and from the broken kernel..

Linus

  Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.143 / U:0.252 seconds]