SubjectRe: 2.6.7-ck1
Date

2.6.7-ck1 is very useable on my Celeron 500 (medochino) system
(using cfq I/O sched). It seems more responsive than the recent
stock kernels, and staircase 7.0/7.1 is a big improvement over
6.3, which stalled in annoying places. In fact, the only problem
I have with the patchset is that when I run foobar2000 under
wine the sound skips when I load a new web page in epiphany. If
I make wine an ISO task with schedtool then it no longer skips,
but it also hangs the system for a few seconds while browsing
the foobar preferences dialogue. I guess I'll have to keep a
launcher without schedtool ready for when I need to mess with
the prefs for now.
Anyway, great work - makes this old system seem that little bit
snappier.

-Ash

PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me if you reply
to this.