    SubjectRe: 2.6.7-ck1

    2.6.7-ck1 is very useable on my Celeron 500 (medochino) system
    (using cfq I/O sched). It seems more responsive than the recent
    stock kernels, and staircase 7.0/7.1 is a big improvement over
    6.3, which stalled in annoying places. In fact, the only problem
    I have with the patchset is that when I run foobar2000 under
    wine the sound skips when I load a new web page in epiphany. If
    I make wine an ISO task with schedtool then it no longer skips,
    but it also hangs the system for a few seconds while browsing
    the foobar preferences dialogue. I guess I'll have to keep a
    launcher without schedtool ready for when I need to mess with
    the prefs for now.
    Anyway, great work - makes this old system seem that little bit

    PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC me if you reply
    to this.
    15 Mbytes Free Web-based and POP3
    Sign up now:

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.022 / U:14.636 seconds]