    > > Patchset update. The focus of this patchset is on system responsiveness
    > > with emphasis on desktops, but the scope of scheduler changes now makes
    > > this patch suitable to servers as well.
    > I've found some interaction problems between, what I think it's, the
    > staircase scheduler and swsusp. With vanilla 2.6.7, swsusp is able to
    > save ~9000 pages to disk in less than 5 seconds, where as 2.6.7-ck1
    > takes more than 1 minute to save the same amount of pages when
    > suspending to disk.

    If you're using -ck1 it may even be the autoswappiness. Try disabling that and
    setting a static value for swappiness. If it still exhibits the problem then
    it's probably a bug somewhere in staircase. While the overall design is
    finished (it doesn't really lend itself to tuning), surely there are bugs I
    haven't sorted out even though there are no serious bugs or stability issues
    that have come up. I'm auditing the code as we speak.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.036 / U:33.208 seconds]