    Subjectinode_unused list corruption in 2.4.26 - spin_lock problem?
    From
    In 2.4.26 on two different dual-proc x86 machines (one dual-P4 Xeon based,
    the other dual-PIII) I am seeing crashes which are the result of the
    inode_unused doubly linked list in fs/inode.c becoming corrupted.

    A particular instance of the corruption I have isolated is in a call from
    iput() to __refile_inode(). To try to diagnose this further I placed list
    verification code before and after the list_del() and list_add() calls in
    __refile_inode() and observed a healthy list become corrupted after the
    del/add was completed.

    It would seem to me that list corruption on otherwise healthy machines
    would only be the result of the inode_lock spinlock not being properly
    locked prior to the call to __refile_inode(), but as far as I can tell,
    the call to atomic_dec_and_lock() in iput() is doing that properly.

    So I am at a loss. Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have any idea
    what routes I should be exploring to fix this problem?

    Thank you,
    Chris

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:1.716 seconds]