    SubjectRe: DMA API issues
    On 18 Jun 2004 18:29:22 -0500
    James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@SteelEye.com> wrote:

    > > I wasnt talking about a PCI system here.
    >
    > ioremap is used for all bus remote MMIO regions, not just PCI.

    Im aware of that but the OHCI core doesnt do that, it uses the DMA API,
    which is entirely reasonable, given its tring to access a DMA-able chunk
    of memory.

    I *could* write a new driver ohci-ioremapped for all these chips but its
    needless duplication which is going to result in bugs bveing fixed in
    one ohci driver and not the other.

    why not simply expand the DMA API to allow DMA to these easily DMA-able
    chips ?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.020 / U:211.300 seconds]