    SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness
    On Fri, 2004-06-18 13:20:02 -0700, Tim Bird <tim.bird@am.sony.com>
    wrote in message <40D34E72.4010104@am.sony.com>:
    > >Since the people benefitting from this work are the
    > >embedded developers, it would seem logical that they
    > >should bear the cost of this effort, too.

    > the CE Linux Forum, or of encouraging member companies
    > to do this for their own products. I wouldn't even
    > consider making a request that non-CE-related people
    > do this.

    Well, I'd prefer having (one or more) people to do work on the whole
    area, not onle CE / embedded related stuff. It woule be *really* cool to
    have somebody to whom you just post a URL to your repo to care about
    reviewing it, sending it upstream etc. I guess embedded work is a big
    player there, but don't forget the minor architectures and other repos
    with li'l enhancements.

    MfG, JBG

    --
    Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481
    "Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:03    [W:0.022 / U:122.116 seconds]