SubjectRe: Stop the Linux kernel madness
On Fri, 2004-06-18 13:20:02 -0700, Tim Bird <tim.bird@am.sony.com>
wrote in message <40D34E72.4010104@am.sony.com>:
> >Since the people benefitting from this work are the
> >embedded developers, it would seem logical that they
> >should bear the cost of this effort, too.

> the CE Linux Forum, or of encouraging member companies
> to do this for their own products. I wouldn't even
> consider making a request that non-CE-related people
> do this.

Well, I'd prefer having (one or more) people to do work on the whole
area, not onle CE / embedded related stuff. It woule be *really* cool to
have somebody to whom you just post a URL to your repo to care about
reviewing it, sending it upstream etc. I guess embedded work is a big
player there, but don't forget the minor architectures and other repos
with li'l enhancements.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg